It is applicable only by virtue of its publication on our website www.growshops.fr. The last version online prevails over all others.
It does not replace the data protection policy which can be found here.
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A "cookie" is any action intended to access, by electronic transmission, information already stored in one's electronic communications terminal equipment, or to write information to that equipment.
In practice, cookies are used in different environments: website, e-mail, software or mobile application download, etc..
A cookie is a small text file (computer file) that is stored and/or read by your browser on the hard disk of your terminal (computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone) when you visit a website or any other digital space of Growshops.com.
On a technical and functional level, four types of cookies are distinguished:
The cookies of technical use, cookies that respond to an action of your part on the website, necessary to use such or such service or to access such or such content.
Identification and personalization cookies, which allow us to know you better and to identify you when you return to our site.
Analysis and performance cookies, cookies that allow us to carry out various measurements: number of visitors, pages visited.
Advertising or targeting cookies, which record data that allows us to control the display of advertisements to a particular user.
On the technical level, there is a wide variety of cookies such as (non-exhaustive list):
- Cookies HTTP ;
- Cookies "Flash;
- The result of the fingerprint calculation in the case of "fingerprinting" (calculation of a unique identifier of the machine based on elements of its configuration for tracing purposes);
- Invisible pixels or "web bugs";
3. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A COOKIE?
Cookies are mainly used to fulfill three functions:
Function 1 - The proper functioning of the service(s):
- Through the study of technical statistics to monitor the proper functioning of the service;
- Through the identification of error messages to remedy any technical problem;
- By ensuring the security of the user account (new authentication after a certain period of time).
Function 2 - Improving the Growshops.com experience:
- In particular by improving the quality and the speed of the user experience, for example by proposing a pre-filling of fields at each visit;
- By optimizing the ergonomics of the digital environment concerned or the different functionalities proposed;
- By configuring the use of this environment according to its user to adapt it to his preferences, such as by memorizing the default language used;
- By studying the statistics provided by these cookies to continue to improve and adapt the service to each user to ensure the best experience.
Function 3 - Economic function
- By sending personalized advertisements thanks to the searches made by the user. In this respect, the cookies deposited make it possible to target the user in order to offer him/her advertising that corresponds to him/her and that is likely to be of interest to him/her (according to the location data, if activated, or according to the personal data that has been previously provided). They also make it possible to carry out statistics and studies on the proposed advertisements;
- Finally, cookies allow us to study and record the activity resulting from this digital environment: number of daily connections, connected profiles, the most frequented time slots, etc..
4. WHAT KIND OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
There are many untruths about cookies.
Cookies are not "bugs" that allow us to collect bulk or critical information about your personal life or access company secrets.
For example, cookies allow us to collect:
- IP address;
- User ID;
- Session ID;
- Language of use of the user (not their native language);
- Geolocation data (in some cases).
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS DATA?
Access to data collected by the company through cookies is limited to
- Communication/marketing department
- Information systems department
- General management
- Advertisers and/or advertising agencies
- Companies specializing in electronic advertising
- Technical service providers
6. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Article 32 II of the Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978 provides:
"Any subscriber or user of an electronic communications service must be informed in a clear and complete manner, unless he has been previously informed, by the person in charge of the processing or his representative :
- of the purpose of any action tending to access, by electronic transmission, information already stored in his electronic communications terminal equipment, or to write information in this equipment ;
- of the means available to him to oppose it.
Such access or recording may only take place if the subscriber or user has expressed, after having received this information, his consent, which may result from appropriate settings of his connection device or any other device under his control.
These provisions do not apply if the access to information stored in the user's terminal equipment or the recording of information in the user's terminal equipment :
- either has the exclusive purpose of enabling or facilitating communication by electronic means ;
- or is strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at the express request of the user
In summary you have two rights:
- To consent to the use, depending on the cookies used;
- The right to deactivate all or part of the cookies.
The consent of the user is not necessary for the so-called "essential" cookies, i.e. when they are necessary for the proper functioning of the digital environment (these are the cookies of technical use).
Conversely, consent is required for cookies:
- Linked to targeted advertising operations;
- Linked to audience measurement operations;
- Generated by the sharing buttons redirecting to the various social networks.
Consent is therefore required for any cookie that allows us to study the user's behavior.
The Policy Cookies is a document of nature informational document. It does not need to be accepted, it is up to you to read it. Conversely, you must consent to the use of certain cookies.
This consent is formalized, as the CNIL requires, by :
- an information banner ;
- an acceptance button on the banner;
- the possibility of clicking on the link that allows you to read the whole of this policy.
8. HOW TO DISABLE / SET COOKIES?
Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies, which are the very essence of how the Internet works. However, they also allow you to choose or refuse all cookies or even to pre-select themcisbut they also allow you to choose or refuse all cookies, or even to pre-select the ones you want to keep.
To do this, each browser has its own specificities, the settings are relatively accessible via the help menus of each of them, as an example:
On Google Chrome :
On Internet Explorer :
On Mozilla Firefox :
On Opera :
PRECISION : Growshops.fr cannot guarantee the durability of these URLs, nor the quality of the information they contain.
Regarding mobile applications, emails and social networks, we invite you to refer to the data of "parameter setting" of your account which differs according to the platforms and operators.
We inform you that setting your browser to refuse or restrict a particular cookie can have two important consequences:
- Limitation or restriction of access to a service, page or content;
- A poorer Growshops.co.uk experience (e.g. having to retype the same information several times).
PRECISION: It is impossible for us to be more precise than thiscis it is impossible for us to be more precise about the consequences of deactivating cookies as it depends on the type of cookies deactivated and the type of deactivation made by the user.
9. USE OF THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies may be deposited by partners or advertising agencies in order to identify the interests of users through the products or services they consult on the website concerned by this policy.
They may be deposited during the use of the digital environment concerned or when the user clicks on the advertising spaces of the latter.
10. HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP YOUR DATA?
Growshops.fr respects the requirements of the CNIL in terms of conservation and duration.
It considers as valid the consent to the installation of the aforementioned cookies for a period of 13 months from the date of your consent.
11. EVOLUTION OF THE PRESENT POLICY
This policy may be modified or amended at any time in the event of changes in legislation, case law, decisions and recommendations of the CNIL or practices.
Any new version of this policy will be made known to users online by substituting the new version of the policy for the previous version.
12. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any questions about this Policy Cookiesplease do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations Department:
- Through the " Contact " form on our website, here.
- By mail : Growshops.fr - Route de Noailles - 60730 Cauvigny
For more general information about cookies, you can consult the CNIL website: www.cnil.fr and in particular www.cnil.fr/fr/site-web-cookies-et-autres-traceurs.